Honey! The Treasure is all Mine. - a Short Story



Honey! The Treasure is all Mine.
I use to wait after completing my slot. He has been allotted the next slot in the institute which served the type writing skills. I couldn't resist him ever since I watched him first. Generally I never show interest in flirt which few of my friends insisted on me often. However I slip away my determination and enjoy a secret pleasure with his little talk which has been more formal though, like ‘finished ah’.., ‘how's speed progress’,...etc... I’m certain that I have done enough to attract him. In return, he responds with a clandestine smile.
He is so manly having grown to an average height of 5.8. Curly and short hair caps his smart physique. I haven't failed to notice the same curly on his chest, unfurl through the opening of his neck button. His choice of light coloured outfit added flavor to his wheatish complexion. Overall I’m thoroughly impressed with his build.
Initially our rendezvous is more of an intra-personal which we have enjoyed for quite sometimes now. Whatever smaller it is I feel achieved a treasure.
Though I’m madly in love with him, I have no courage to express it. To my ecstasy; he proposes his love on a rainy evening. He is so adorable in expressing his love. With an air of masculine, he pronounces those magical words looking straight into my eyes. Deliberately I’m all heart to accept his offer. Eventually our little relationship grows thicker and thicker as the days go by. We have been creating opportunities to share some romances, yet secretly.
Progressively I start to feel that I could not live even a breath without him. I have never thought of where our relationship would be headed. We are contented with the presence of one another. I dress up attractive exclusively to please him. He cherishes me in half-saree that I wear often. He too impresses me with little gifts like jasmine, Cadbury’s, greetings etc., yet secretly.
I’m thrilled at the conscious of his approaching birthday. Delightfully I have arranged to buy him a gift that is a glass-heart inside which is a spun red velvet heart carrying the phrase "Happy birthday". As our board exam for the type writing is around the corner, there is no regular class. Instead, we have only mock tests.
His birthday falls on such a day when most of the students have left after 7 O'clock in the evening. I fervently wait to gift him in the evening. Our institute has been lit only indoor during night. Beside the institute, there exists a coconut grove where the moon has dimly lit. What else location could I have expected to stage my gifting show. He catches my intention and indulges to my token.
No one notices as we slip into the grove. In the moonlight, my cleavages concealed in his favorite half-saree lure him. I could behold his gleaming eyes that relish my abundance. What happened next is the most exhilarating moment of my life. At the root of a coconut tree we settle down. I sit next to him brushing each other. Watching the gift, he asks, “Why is it”? “It’s my Heart! A gift for you”, I whisper. His fingers touch mine as I give him the glass-heart. Since I'm already craving for his caress, his touch pumps my Estrogens, progesterone, and testosterones the fullest. It's when the line between love and lust melts, then disappears. I never know how I trail my fingers over his shoulders and lean over him. As our bodies close the gap, our eyes meet and so are the lips where he tasted cashew fruit. It's more than enough to ignite him. He turns on and I let him complete the rest of the formalities. Despite a novice, he manoeuvres me with a mastery of skills, takes me to heaven, and fills me with pleasure. I feel bountiful on the grass bed when he has finished with me. This is the best present I could have endowed him on his birthday.
I feel stocked enough on the first rendezvous itself. Still I long to have him more. But the situation doesn’t permit nevertheless. I’m contented with his casual meetings. He doesn’t disappoint me whenever I wish to see him. Within a few days the exam arrives. After the board exam we won’t be coming to the institute. I have the dread of depriving of meeting him yet I’m aware that he doesn’t live far off. So we agree to exchange letters which is only we would afford.
In one such letter he has invited to meet him at the Railway Station. As usual I’m excited to meet him. He arrives there in time. We choose a lonely bench to discuss. Against my excitement, he shocks me with his decision to join the Indian Army. Ever since he has told me his decision, I feel an approaching storm within. However he promises to write to me from the camp and has kept his words for few months. The days keep tearing away with the sweet memories and his pleasant words in letters.
Two months pass by. On a sultry Saturday morning, I receive a Marriage invitation featuring my sweetheart’s name with a girl. I’m shocked at the very foundation. The world seems to slip away beneath my feet. On the following day, he again writes me a note fixing an appointment at the same Railway Station. Knowing the consequence very well, I visit with a heavily laden heart. He is there in advance.
As expected my suiter now proposes our break up. I’m passive and in no mood to listen to whatever his explanations. How could a heartbroken human respond to explanations? He comes like a breeze and leaves like a storm. I still love him genuinely, honestly, and my love is very generous one that goes to the extent of allowing him to marry someone else. He leaves the Railway station leaving me alone...
I wonder where the things could have gone wrong, whether it is the choice of my love or the way I love. Human is to love in what I still believe. Whether he persists with me or not, I’m dedicated to the relation we have had. But I no longer dedicate me to him. I couldn’t rip him off my heart either. In due course of the twist of my tale, I start to think what I should do with redefining me. I only feel terrible for him for not going to own the traces that we both have invested in me. I now keep the precious possession completely as my partner walks off. My life and its sprout belong to me entirely.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feministic perspectives in Sashi Deshpande’s The Binding Vine

Women's Ordeal in "The Binding vine"